Skip to content. Skip to main navigation.
- Training – Just as our children learn, so do we take training.
- Please take Youth Protection Training – All parents are encouraged to take this online training. All leaders are required to take it and send in their completion certificate. SAVE your login ID number and password! You will need it when you take any additional training, and re-take the YPT when it expires. It is a hassle to recover your password.
- Basic Adult Leader Outdoor Orientation (BALOO)
- Health & Medical Record
- Open Volunteer Positions-2018-2019– lists the many fun activities we do in Pack 882, and what it takes to run them. This list is a classic that never goes out of date.
- Uniform Patch Sewing Person
- How to sew patches & emblems to a uniform: 1) Purchase BadgeMagic or other sheet adhesive, 2) Iron the patch on the uniform, and 3) Add a small stitch or two by hand, if possible, to secure the patch.
- Where to purchase or obtain a uniform (and the adhesive sheet for badges): Local stores are McCaulou’s in Danville CA, and the Scout Shop in Pleasant Hill, CA.
- See also the Adult Uniforms section below.
FAQ (and answers)
- Cub Scouts is a family- and outdoor-oriented organization that teaches kids character. It provides a positive place where kids can enjoy safe, wholesome activities. Cub Scouting is for children in kindergarten through fifth grade. more…
- Things Cub Scouts do…
- Boy Scouts is for older children, sixth grade and up, who want to carry on in Scouting. Cub Scouts and Boy Scouts are part of the same organization, Boy Scouts of America. more…
- A Tiger is a typically a First Grade student.
- A Wolf is a typically a Second Grade student.
- A Bear is a typically a Third Grade student.
- A Webelo is a typically a Fourth Grade student.
- An Arrow of Light Scout (formerly known as a Webelo 2) is a typically a Fifth Grade student.
- “Webelo” stands for “We’ll Be Loyal Scouts”.
- In the middle of fifth grade, the Webelo 2s “bridge out” (graduate) and move on to a Boy Scout troop. They leave this Cub Scout pack in February of fifth grade.
- A Class A uniform is the full deal – it’s what you think of when you picture a Cub Scout. Our Scouts look so sharp when they wear this – it brings them respect.
- A Class B uniform is a Scouting T-shirt, with the hat preferred but not mandatory. The Class B is less formal than the A, and is often worn for active outdoor events like hikes. Your leader will tell you which uniform to wear to activities.
- The Arrow of Light award refers to the highest award a boy can achieve in Cub Scouts. Earning this rank prepares a Webelos / Arrow of Light Scout to become a Boy Scout. Webelos Scouts who have earned the Arrow of Light award have also completed all requirements for the Boy Scout badge. more…